welcome to health services
Role of the School Nurse
* Provide health assessments, first aid and emergency care
* Conduct state mandated screenings, including vision, hearing, postural, height/weight and SBIRT
* Develop and implement Individualized Health Care Plans for students with special health care needs
* Oversee medication administration for prescription and over the counter medications
* Maintain confidential school health records
* Provide links to access community health services
* Provide health counseling and education, individually and in the classroom setting
* Monitor immunization compliance and communicable disease control
Community Resources for Parents, Students and Staff click here
From the NY Times:
The Price of Cool: A Teenager, a Juul and Nicotine Addiction
E-cigarettes may help tobacco smokers quit. But the alluring devices can swiftly induce a nicotine habit in teenagers who never smoked. This is the tale of one person’s struggle. Click here to read this article.
If you have not already done so, please click here to complete the Annual Health Information Form. This will allow you to assign permission for over the counter medications as well as update your student's health information.
NBC News: 'Teens inhale cancer-causing chemicals in e-cigarettes'
Click here to read this important article.
Please forward documentation of your child’s most recent physical to the health office.
Physical examinations by the student's primary care provider are required for:
- Students entering 10th grade
- Within 13 months of the start of tryouts for all sports
- Upon transfer from another school